We recommend » The St. Roch Bastion
There is an exhibition titled "Mother of God. Poland’s Splendor of Both Nations" opened on March 5, 2006
The exhibition is located inside the St. Roch Bastion (entrance from Father Augustyn Kordecki’s Hall).
The Bastion was a part of the Jasna Góra fortress, built in the years 1624-1639 and rebuild after 1674.
During the restoration work the original walls were uncovered revealing the siege of Jasna Gora, in times of "The Swedish invasion" in 1655
The exhibition presented here consists of several parts:
1. Inside the Bastion you can visit:
- nearly 500 exhibits, mostly from the 18th century
- historical memorabilia
- art craft items
2. Outside the bastion you can visit:
- exhibition showing the history of the Independent Self-Governing Trade Union "Solidarity"
- memorabilia showing the Polish soldiers fighting during the World War II
- memorabilia of the Smolensk victims.
Look it here :